Monday, October 10, 2005

Brought Back

Usually, one small thing doesn't get to me. A combination of a few bad things does. Lack of sleep, bad news, a stressful week of classes, a weekend of duty and other situations all at once tend to way me down. These past two weeks had been more busy and stressful than any of my college career. Didn't feel like spending time w/God, even though I wanted to WANT to, I just didn't.

I did not like being in a crabby mood for a week, but I was. I did not like not reading my Bible, but I couldn't help it. Little did I know, God used this weekend's events to bring me out of my low point. The three day weekend was about the sweetest part. I thought duty on friday night would be horrible, but- while I stayed up 23 hrs in a row until 7am, I got to spend 10 rockin' hours with my awesome staff. It was seriously really sweet. Sunday I was so tired I didn't wake up for church, especially since my alarm didn't go off. I think that's the first time since attending Hillside in verm-town that I was not upset for missing church. At home I didn't really care, and it was so nice to wake up at 12pm after a good 10 hrs of sleep.

And tonight...I mean, what can top off an afternoon/evening of movies and guitar playing and worship!? Nothing. I am so thankful that I feel I have a purpose once again and that I'm not wandering around aimlessly, concerned with the ways of the world instead of what's really important. Thanks, Jesus.

0 comments: