Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Kingdom Called

A few weeks ago, all of the international summer project teams gathered together in Minneapolis for a training conference, named Kingdom Called. This is probably my favorite conference of the year (I think I say that about every conference!).

Saturday night of the conference, I spoke to the students about some of details regarding their summer project. As I looked out on the room full of college students that I am sending to the world, I felt totally astounded and grateful that God would choose use me to play such a vital role in fulfilling his Great Commission.

One summer can change everything. When I ventured out to Sao Paulo, Brazil as a college student on a summer project, I had no idea God would stir such a passion in my heart for telling others about the life I have found in Christ. That same passion is still present 5 years later, and I pray every day that it will never leave.

There have been many highlights this spring in my ministry:

  • Running a national webinar training for college students raising financial support for international summer projects. I also coached 3 other Cru staff to lead these webinars, and together we trained over 300 students from across the United States.
  • Seeing over 90 students apply to in the Ghana Summer Project - about half of them were selected to participate (and 30 of them are women!)
  • Preparing for my own summer project in East Asia. I can't wait to share Jesus with east asian college students and help train and coach the female college students on my project.

Here's a shot of me on stage speaking to the students about a website that helps them track their financial support that they raise for summer project.



0 comments: