Saturday, May 18, 2013

Friday Fun.

Yesterday I spent my entire lunch hour perusing a local antique store. Let me tell you- it was fantastic.

I purposely left my phone in the car so I could just have some uninterrupted time to myself. I also purposely only brought in a small amount of cash so I wouldn't be tempted to make any big purchases...

There were literally thousands of little trinkets in that store- I was giddy at the site of it all! One of my favorite items to browse in any antique shop are the boxes of old photos. I don't know who would actually purchase old photos of someone else's family, or what they would use them for, but those photos are a huge reason why I love antique stores. My significance & individualization strengths were going crazy imaging story after story behind each picture.


I couldn't go away empty handed; I ended up with a few small knick-knacks, including this tiny box of crazy eight playing cards.


I loved crazy eights as a kid. I can remember how proud I felt whenever I would beat my mom (I'm sure she let me win--some of the time). As soon as I picked up the box, cue the nostalgia (as if I wasn't feeling it already just walking into the store).

While I walked the couple blocks from the shop to my car, I pondered why I was feeling so relaxed and at peace. Even inspired, in a way. All that stuff on display was from a time when life was simpler, (at least it seems like it was), and just being around it made me more relaxed. I think I need to make visiting that store a monthly occurence.

0 comments: