Monday, January 23, 2006

Vespers!

I love Vespers. It gives me the chance to finally offer my thoughts & praises to the Lord. I know I'm not supposed to worship to get something out of it, but I can't help but feel good after giving God my full attention for even just an hour. It actually almost makes me a little mad because I want to sit and worship forever!...but I can't. I know I have to get back to the 'real world...' even though I do, I know I can still offer God my thanks and live my life for him, which is true worship.

"So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life--your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life--and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him." ~Romans 12:1 [the msg]

0 comments: