Tuesday, April 24, 2007

the past and future weeks.

i have basically been trying to keep my head above the water these past few weeks. and not just with my schedule- it's been everything- class, work, moeny, crusade stuff, family stuff, group projects, money, SIFE stuff, support raising, homework, money, roommate stuff. maybe it's because i'm in a super good mood right now, but even though i am totally overwhelmed right now, it's so great to just sit back, and look at the bigger picture. these weeks are going to fly, so the precious moments like spending time w/ God at the river and giggling for an hour straight with the roommates is what's important. that stuff is truly keeping me sane right now.

i feel the need to express what an awesome week this has been ... things are really looking up, especially after a crappy last week and weekend. i have a shot at the dean's list, my family is doing well and supporting me pretty well concerning brasil, a professor i hold in high regard seriously complimented my work in class [i think she used the word brilliant....ok i'll stop]. it's so nice to see hard work pay off.

and i'm really enjoying where i'm at. the feeling of being content with what i have is something i struggle with, but only when i fall into the comparison trap. when i keep my eyes on christ and not on so called greener fields around me, i realize i have what i have because what i have is what i need. i joke a lot about being single and bitter about it, but i love where i'm at right now. wouldn't want a relationship...seems like it would really complicate a lot of things. it just might be the thing to push me over the edge...(just kidding).

this is such a great time in my life. i feel like i finally know how to handle certain situations, especially this thing called 'college.' the real world will come, and when it does i will do well- i will do very well, after it kicks my butt right away. but for now i am loving just sitting back and learning, about everything from microphones and magazine layouts to managing compensation plans and marketing movements.

but next week will come, along with three exams [two are finals]. this year soon ends, and it is bittersweet ... leaving friends, a roommate leaving the house, friends leaving USD, me leaving my legal class ... me leaving the country! big stuff. so glad i have the ability to see and somewhat understand the bigger picture.

0 comments: