Tuesday, June 26, 2007

a million.

that's the number of thoughts running through my head right now. i don't really know what i'm posting as of yet, so bear with me...

My summer in Brasil is almost over. A few nights ago someone said regarding missions work- 'don't go when God says yes, go until he says no.' Holy cow. Definitely not my perception of missions work up until this summer. It's cool to see God changing my heart over missions, and how I can serve him, and what that might look like in the future? ... like the Campus Crusade regional office after graduation. I can't believe I put it in writing - no turning back now! haha...

I need to become better at confronting people when I have an issue or concern or whatever. I do not like drama and try to do anything I can to not have it in my life (usually). Unfortunately that means sacrificing things that I really need to do that are hard but essential for mending relationships, and also making sure my head doesn't explode.

We learned about 'kindred spirits' today - I thought it was kind of corny but I realized that I do have 'em, which is good because I want them very much. It's fun to have both peer relationships that are based on the same thing and working for the same purpose. But I have those mentor relationships, too, where I can be coached and taught and admonished and encouraged. All of which is necessary for my growth as a Christian.

I feel like sometimes I kind of state the obvious...especially on my blog...oh well.

I already said I don't like drama...sometimes I try to just be patient and not let it bug me, but it does and then I get frustrated and don't talk about it until someone else brings it up because I lie to myself that it isn't a big deal. I think situations that suck and are sometimes handled in dramatic ways that just bring attention to the hurting person are not good. It's interesting to see how people react to things when they are outside the situation as opposed to deep in the middle of the situation.

I think that's enough random blogging for one night. one roommie went to bed, the other is not here, so my thoughts are posted as a reminder to me to talk about them later. but if you want to read them, go ahead. :]

0 comments: