Friday, February 29, 2008

the world.

I've been thinking...(yikes!) The differences between american college students and those from other countries are very interesting. Today for some reason I was thinking about it. America is a good country- a great country- but we could be so much better. I as a person could be so much better - definitely not exempt. The present group of college students is the future of our country, which honestly scares me sometimes. Are we really equipped to lead? The often present lack of values, beliefs, ethics and just motivation in general would cause me to worry a lot more except for the faith I have in a higher sovereign being. India has figured a lot of things out, China basically owns us and students from other countries know a lot more about what's going on in the world than we do. They are more productive, driven, focused, goal-oriented. If you are wondering who will change the world someday, it will be someone with those characteristics. My hope is that they have values, ethics, beliefs in something other than their own ability to control their own destiny.

0 comments: