Monday, February 04, 2008

human captial.

I love HR. I just really, really love it. I'm sooo happy to have it be a part of my life, lol. I love that I've found SOMETHING in the business world that interests me. woohoo!


My Monday night class this semester is entitled "Strategic HR." SUPER excited for it! After only one class, it is already dealing with theories and such behind HR methods - more analytical than practical I guess, which is really what I want.


So many people ask me what 'HR' really is. Human Resources, I say, is a sort of everyone-behind-the-scenes of a business. HR exists to ensure the organization is able to acheive success through its people. It's about managing human capital so that the organization can obtain the best product from this resource- while taking into account the resource has needs and feelings and sometimes is crabby on Mondays. That all sounds so exciting to me! Our second class is tonight; I'm super pumped.

0 comments: