Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Atheist Spokesman for Campus Crusade for Christ?

A few days/weeks ago I posted a link to a video on youtube. The video featured Penn Gillete (1/2 of Penn and Teller) talking about his encounter with a Christian who was trying to share with him. He's a devout Atheist, but had some interesting things to say about prosthelytizing.

In this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS7oFvoESo8
Penn tells about a letter that Campus Crusade sent him asking for use of his videocasts. Very interesting to hear his point of view. It is obvious he respects Christians that are firm and vocal about what they believe, though he does not believe the same thing. What a good lesson I've learned from his interactions with Christians- not only for how I should act around people in terms of bringing up spiritual things, but also for how I should treat others who disagree with me.

0 comments: