Sunday, January 01, 2012

TCX: looking back

Christmas has come and gone - and so has TCX. As this new year begins, I can't help but think back to my experiences at past TCX conferences.

In 2004, I was a new believer, and learned about what it meant to follow Christ in the midst of a broken world.

In 2005, I learned about the holiness of God - the I AM that had spoken to Moses and so many others had called me to live a life of holiness, too.

In 2006, I felt the Lord prompt me to commit a year of my life to full-time ministry, unsure of how or when or where that would be. I knew why - to make disciples of all nations, as commanded in Matthew 28.

In 2007, with graduation looming, I came to a crossroad. Would I take the first steps in following through on last years' contract to give a year of my life in ministry? I went to a seminar on transitioning from college to staff life, and afterward I ended up sitting down with my now boss, Steve, the Director of Operations in our region, and a team member, Erika, who I'd worked with before on some projects. As they explained about the team, and opportunities to serve in Minneapolis, I became even more interested.

4 years later, here I am - in Minneapolis, working with Steve and Erika on the Operations team, serving staff and students around the region and around the world!

1 comments:

Steve Schmidt said...

so thankful God has called you to the ops team, Amy!