Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Bill Gates follows Jesus.

If I told you I met Bill Gates this summer, would you believe me?

Well, I did. He is a student at a university where we did ministry in East Asia. The first time someone from my summer project mentioned that they met "Bill Gates," we all chuckled. I can't even remember who met him first, or where. I think it was at an English club. It's typical for students in East Asia to give themselves an English name (or to have a friend give them an English name). Some other fun names were heard were Magnet, Jet- and one of my favorites, Adolf (more on him another time!)

Throughout the summer, Bill Gates kept popping up in conversations (and every time, I'd chuckle at his name...easily amused, I guess). After Andrew, a student on project, met with him a couple of times, Bill Gates decided he wanted to follow Jesus. Andrew had the opportunity to teach him about prayer, quiet times, and many other things. Who knows where Bill Gates will end up in the future!

0 comments: