Sunday, April 16, 2006

Support Raising

Wow. God is soooo faithful, which is like the theme of my life, but it's soo true!!! Support raising has been such a great experience for me. I knew I would get the money I needed, but crazy how the money poured in! So many people wished me good luck for this summer at church on Easter - and man did they contribute!! I didn't directly ask the church for money becauce they don't have any [read below]. So i sent letters to a few individuals and was so surprised at their generousity. I thought most of my money wouldn't come from people around the Springfield area, but relatives and even some family friends that I didn't think would support me did so. One of the best envelopes I opened was from a couple that my parents have been relatively good friends with for a long time- they wrote a very nice note and stuck it in the envelope w/a check...wow, it was just heartwarming to read!! One of my old high school teachers said she and her husband were involved in CCC in college- very cool! Then there's the Wells family- amazing people. nothing else to say about them, except that they are a great example to others out there. And I have to say, I am so appreciative of my friends that have supported me, both w/prayers and financially. It's so tough being in college and scraping up extra money to give to someone else- so cool to see these people offer me what they have no matter how little or how much. And then there's my grandparents. my mom mentioned they wanted to talk to me about my 'trip' before they wrote out a check and they'd talk about it with me at Easter dinner at my house. ahhhh!!! money is a big deal with them, as it is in my family, so i was definitely a bit nervous for that one. But, here is how huge of a provider God is: they wanted to ask how close I was to my goal, because they would make up the difference. ahhh!! amazing. I was so excited to hear that. My mom already said her and my dad would make up the difference if I didn't get there, but i kind of felt like they 'knew' they would have to so they offered- but I don't think they'll 'need' to give me anymore than they have after paying the registration. wow. yeah. I could tell so many more stories. ahh! God is so faithful! [sorry, had to say it one more time]!!

0 comments: