Sunday, October 29, 2006

random

ready for this? here we GO!...

I got this little book with prayers in it for Christmas last year from MissLiss- joy had the same one diff. version and i liked it so i was excited...then i didn't read it for 8 months, until now. the other night i read the next one in order and it was a prayer to God for the gift he has given me - some thing, passion of mine, that I have that is unique to me and important to who i am, and that I want to know what it is and want to bless people with it, not impress people with it. at the time i thought, 'uh, yeah that's AWESOME! perfectly applicable to my life at the present moment [thanks God]. I said to God, "hey this is really cool...i really want to know what my gift in life is, the thing you've blessed me with that i can share with other people...maybe it will give me some insight in to what i wanna do with the rest of my life. maybe it will be the thing i will do with the rest of my life." so then i got excited, because this is something i really, really, REALLY want to figure out. And i told God, 'yeah can you let me know what that is because it would be really sweet.' Then i re-read the page to make sure i was reading it right and the words "impress" and "bless" stuck out at me. If i knew what this gift was at this time in my life, i would probably wave it around and people and do the whole 'look what i can do' in a little female 'stewart voice' from mad tv...i probably woulnd't be blessing people with it. so, i said 'yeah, God, i think you do know what you are doing. sorry for doubting you!'

SO today on the way to church I mentioned all this to Jules and was telling her how I hope that my 'gift' will clue me in on what i should do the rest of my life, and you know what she said? "So you think this 'gift' is going to be a clue to what you are meant to do with the rest of your life ... good luck on that one." haha. ohh it was hilarious!

0 comments: