Friday, March 02, 2007

works for our good.

Lately I have been thinking a lot about God's sovereignty, and how that relates to me where I am at now and where I will be in the future [the future - go figure]. Romans 8:28 says "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to his purposes." This verse has been very encouraging to me lately and I really enjoy breaking it down to understand the full meaning. "in all things" - God isn't just present when we ask Him to be, or when we desperately need him to be, but even when we don't think about Him being around us. "God works for the good" - Not everything that happens to us is good. tough to deal with sometimes. God is able to turn everything that happens into good in the long run. "of those who love Him, who have been called according to his purposes." - His promise can't be claimed by everyone, but by those who are called to fulfill his purposes -- and God works for His purposes, not for our pleasure or happiness. And I'm so thankful that, when I am in His will, seeking His heart, whatever happens- even when it doesn't make me happy- God will work it out for the good.

0 comments: