Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Facebook Facts & Figures.

Facebook was born the month I turned 18. This was also the first time I had my own cell phone, which I figured would change the way I lived my life.

It did. But six years later, I now find myself forgetting how old I am, and forgetting about life before the popular social networking site.

How did I share my photos with friends? How did I let everyone know I was having a party on Friday night? How did I express my frustrations, opinions and memories?

I just saw a post from a Facebook friend of mine entitled "With over 400 million active users, Facebook is bigger than the U.S." Granted, over 70% of users live outside the U.S., but still! They define active users as those who've logged in at least once in the last 30 days.

30% of people in South Dakota are on Facebook; 10% of New Mexico residents and a whopping 125% of residents from Washington D.C. (They do point out that people from Washington D.C. also live in other states).

# More than 400 million active users
# 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
# More than 35 million users update their status each day
# More than 60 million status updates posted each day
# More than 3 billion photos uploaded to the site each month
# More than 5 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each week
# More than 3.5 million events created each month
# More than 3 million active Pages on Facebook
# More than 1.5 million local businesses have active Pages on Facebook
# More than 20 million people become fans of Pages each day
# Pages have created more than 5.3 billion fans

# Average user has 130 friends on the site
# Average user sends 8 friend requests per month
# Average user spends more than 55 minutes per day on Facebook
# Average user clicks the Like button on 9 pieces of content each month
# Average user writes 25 comments on Facebook content each month
# Average user becomes a fan of 4 Pages each month
# Average user is invited to 3 events per month
# Average user is a member of 13 groups

# There are more than 100 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices.
# People that use Facebook on their mobile devices are twice more active on Facebook than non-mobile users.
# There are more than 200 mobile operators in 60 countries working to deploy and promote Facebook mobile products

1 comments:

laurakabbott said...

Is anyone else a little freaked out that Facebook tracks everything that you do? How many people you befriend, how many times you click the Like button, etc?

It kind of gives me chills.