Monday, December 06, 2010

100%!

Great news: over the weekend I reached 100% of my financial goal, and today I got the final "ok" today to report to the office! I could not be more excited to head into the office tomorrow to join my teammates in reaching college students with the Gospel.

The "office" I so often speak of is the Upper Midwest Regional Office in Minneapolis, MN. In the US, Campus Crusade for Christ is organized into 10 different geographic regions. One of those is the Upper Midwest, made up the Dakotas, Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin. Each region has an office in a major city, ours being Minneapolis, as sort of a nucleus of staff that offer leadership and support to staff around the region.


There are two main teams in our Minneapolis office: the Leadership Development team, and the Operations team. The Leadership Development team is basically the HR team of the office. They facilitate staff interviews, coordinate and lead our interns, help coach staff in their support raising, among many other things. HR in a non-profit organization really intrigues me; our HR team has more of a focus on training and development than legal/compliance issues that a for-profit company deals with. (There is an HR division in Orlando at our International headquarters, so I'm sure they deal with similar issues as a for-profit company).

The Operations team has several functions, providing leadership in areas of Fund Development, Information Systems, Technology, Finance and Conferences/Events, among others! Our overall goal is the same as campus staff: build spiritual movements everywhere, so everyone knows someone who truly follows Jesus!

Well, that's enough ministry mumbo-jumbo for one evening!
Photos of my new office cubicle coming soon! (:

1 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog