Monday, May 16, 2011

May Daze

A few weekends ago, we had our annual Upper Midwest staff conference, May Daze. It was my first official time at the conference, and I had a great time! The weekend began with an Operations Team luncheon at the Pizza Ranch in Alexandria, and then we headed to Arrowwood Resort on Lake Darling (the photo below was taken from the balcony of my hotel room).

Some highlights from the conference included seeing my boss MC with one of the other national directors in the office (Steve and Patty, who did a super great job!) and hearing from Steve Sellers, the CCC VP of Oceania and the Americas.

I was reflecting about the weekend on the last night of the conference , and I realized I hadn't sat down at all during the weekend to read my Bible. Regardless, I felt very encouraged. I felt like I had experienced the presence of God in the last couple days by just being with like-minded, dedicated followers of Christ.

Reminds me of the book How People Grow, which I read this year for new staff development. One of the authors described a time in his life when he expected God to do something in his life supernaturally. Instead, God used the community of believers in the author's life. I've been experiencing the same thing lately; God frequently uses people in my life, sometimes very unexpectedly.

0 comments: