Thursday, September 01, 2005

how blessed are we

I'm sitting here tonight, watching a dateline special on the aftermath of hurricane Katrina and the people that have been affected by it. I'm sure you've seen a lot of news coverage about it, heard the stories, seen the horrible pictures of houses completely under water, people stranded with no home to speak of and no food to eat. A two year old child separated from his mother, and familes who wait hours in line for gas - sometimes having to push their cars to the station. Even college students who moved into their dorms, then were told to go home.

Personally, I will pay $2.75 for a gallon of gas, even 3 bucks if it gets that high. If I have to buy gas, it means I have money to pay for it. It means I have an empty tank because I've driven friends to church and gone home to see family. It means I have friends and family to see and I know where they are. It means I have my own car to drive wherever I want, and that I have somewhere to go.

There is so much to be thankful for, I feel so blessed that I simply have a great family, wonderful friends and a deep faith in a God that I love. A God that I know will stand by those who call on his name. Although this world is so broken, stay rooted in the fact that this world is not what we live for. It my prayer that God will reveal to you all the blessings he has bestowed upon you, and that you may rest in the security he has promised to his children.

0 comments: