Sunday, February 26, 2006

hold on for just one more week

weekends. i look forward to them from the moment i get up monday morning…sometimes from the moment i go to bed sunday night. i was really looking forward to this weekend after a stressful week of class. but good ol' duty kept me stuck in the dorms. I got a fair amount accomplished- not as much as I hoped, but then again I never do. I thought I would be able to catch up on sleep…hello- I was on duty who was I kidding?

I really thought this 'alone time' would be good for me. A lot of friends were gone/went home, which was kind of nice. I didn’t have any plans except work for 5 hrs on Saturday, and I thought I would be able to spend some quality time w/Jesus and my textbooks. Ahhhh but i was not alone. my thoughts entertained me for most of my long afternoons. And nights. ugh this was just a weird weekend. My several cans of mt. dew probably did not help. It was weird in many ways … Melissa stopped by the dorms to hang out- which was fun, but weird to see her in the dorm. We [melissa, laura and I] watched RENT last night. Kinda glad I didn’t stay up just to watch it. I like the overall theme of the movie, but it’s basically 2.25 hrs of homosexuals infected w/ AIDS singing about life, love, and crack. Got up @ 530am to tell the boys on Norton to shut up. Checked back on em 5 mins later and they were surprisingly quiet. Weird.

All in all I think it was weird because it’s kind of been an emotional roller coaster the past few days. Asking my ‘rents for $$ is never easy for me [esp since it was registration for project], but they were surprisingly ok with it. Pretty sweet. Studying accounting bums me out because I don’t understand it. It’s like calc. I totally understand everything about some sections. And others, no matter how much I read and re-read and do homework problems on it, I just don’t get it. I’m just mad at myself that I can’t do better. Actually I’m mad that I don’t care enough to do better. No, I’m mad that I think I’ll just be able to understand it with not a lot of effort. There we go. That’s why I’m mad. and now i realized I'm really not accomplishing anything in this post, and i could be if i wasn't writing it. peace out.

0 comments: