Tuesday, February 28, 2006

studying habits

for a long time now i've known i'm weird. can't be helped. :] but i have these phases that i go through when i study for tests:

overwhemled/clueless ... this is when i have began to look at my notes and I realize I should have started studying long before the current point in time. at this point I am still slightly hopeful that I'll be able to understand the material in time for the exam.

frustrated ... at this point I am ready to throw the book I am reading out the window - frequently occurs with accounting. this state of mind develops after I have spent a lot of time reading, studying, memorizing terms and I still don't understand anything. at times, like in accounting, i can't get past this step- either lack of motivation, desire, or time, which is not good for the grades.

fun ... this is when homework and studying finally becomes enjoyable!! yay! like w/ business stats - after I spend some time reviewing and working problems, and I understand it, I can sit and do it for hours.

bored ... i also seldom get to this stage where the material bores me to death. this stage sometimes surfaces with the material in some mass comm classes.

0 comments: