Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Summer 06: Project

Almost forgot! I received an e-mail today from the Medora Summer Project women staff leader person that I have been accepted! I am soooo excited. Not sure where I'm staying, where I'm working, how much it costs, but I know it will be an amazing summer. 10 weeks in the Badlands of North Dakota ... a bunch of college students from the Upper Midwest ... yay!

also cool that some of my very good friends will be having a similar but yet uniquely awesome experience as I will this summer:
Joy will be going to North Myrtle Beach for about 10 weeks
Alyssa will spend 6 weeks in New Orleans helping with Katrina Clean-up
Julie will spend a month in New York w/art students

[disclaimer: if you have no idea what i'm talking about...Campus Crusade for Christ offers Summer Missions Projects every year. you spend a chunk of your summer in one of several beautiful locations across the US, building relationships with those you work with and holding outreaches and socials on weekends and building relationships with other college students who want to grow in their faith.]

0 comments: