Saturday, February 04, 2006

pre-bday fun

Well Friday didn't start out to be a great day, but by the end of it I was pretty happy. Class was boring, I sort of dressed up and got a few complements so that was nice [thanks girls!] We headed to sioux falls at 2pm and did a little shopping, and then we went to Gigglebee's for supper. It's like a Chuck e Cheese's, only waay more old-school. There is this wolf robot thing that rides around on a tricycle delivering the food to the tables [a guy controls it and talks for it]. When it brought us our pizza, it said "I hear someone has a birthday!! Is amy at the table??" I pretty much almost died of embarassment. THEN he said "How old are you, amy?" When I said 20, he replied "Holy Cow." The funniest part was he didn't even say it with much emotion, just shock: "holy cow." I think he didn't expect that! Then everyone there [all family's with really little kids] sang happy bday to me. ahh embarrasing. We played laser tag which was fun, and some arcade games. The guys pooled together all their tickets they had won from the games and bought me a deck of cards that are round like coasters. Pretty sweet gift!! Then we went to Falls Park for a bit, which was sweet. I had never been there. Def. a romantic spot for couples! Then we went to the [other] River [worship event thing every friday night]. After THAT we went to IHOP, and then we played cranium after that at mike's apt. Sad to say, the honors kids didn't do too well. ;) I can't believe we all spent like 12 hrs together! On the walk back to the dorm it felt like the whole weekend had gone by .... but it hadn't. I was even sad to leave. Honestly, I thought maybe after 12 hrs I would be a little crabby from hanging out with the same 10-ish people but I didn't. I have such great friends!! :]

0 comments: