Monday, March 27, 2006

Encouragement & a Reminder

And I forgot to write last thursday- but at the last CRU, Danen Kane led us in worship and played for us after our meeting. So awesome. It was nice to just be in the audience for once. I know I focus too much on my self when I'm up on stage leading, but I've been working through it lately and have really grown in that area. I talked w/Danen afterwards and he was so encouraging to keep at it. After his set I just wanted to run back to my room and write some more songs!! crazy. We also had a speaker about the final purpose in our Purpose-Driven Life series. "Made for a Mission" - Loved it. And Allison (speaker) put up a pick of sara & amber - man i miss them!! so glad i got a chance to get to know them last year. Back to the message. Yes, it really hit me because i need to do a better job of fulfilling my mission right here, right now. I focus too much on what's to come- Graduation and what to do afterwards, the rest of my college career, living in our farmhouse next year, summer project- so much to distract me from my girls on 2B. Chapter 37: "Your mission field is all around you. Don't miss the opportunities God is giving you." What a great reminder!

0 comments: