Friday, March 31, 2006

John 4:23 [msg version]

There are tons of verses in the Bible i love- some of which i know from heart. but i lately I've been thinking about how often verses get taken out of context and get distorted. for example, read this-

Jesus said, 'That's the kind of people the Father
is looking out for: those who are simply and honestly
themselves before him in their worship.'


after reading this I think, That's so true. the Lord wants us to be true in our worship of him- to not think about ourselves- to give him glory. but this is actually only part of the verse. the complete verse is:

But the time is coming-it has, in fact, come-when what
you're called will not matter and where you go to worship will not matter. 'It's who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That's the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship.'


Now, there is a lot more I think about. Additionally, I think It doesn't matter if I go to a lutheran church or baptist church or christian & missionary alliance church- it's my attitude when I worship there. It matters how I live, because I want to serve and honor God is all I do, and somethings I do are not consistent with that.

1 comments:

dembi dj said...

What a great insight- The bible says when we're born again we are all members of the one body of Christ and it truly isn't the denomination that matters if we are all one body!

Thank you!