Sunday, May 14, 2006

medora! wahhoo!!

I love the midwest. LOVE IT. I don't know if I can live anywhere else. In particular, i love minnesota, but really anywhere in the midwest is good with me. I mean, i could go anywhere on project and the only places i ever seriously considered where Traverse City, MI (which i would LOVE to visit someday) and Medora. My mom gets the magazine "midwest living" and of course they had a spread in there about the Theodore Roosevelt National Park (yep that's right). It was about roughing it while camping and the pics that accompanied the article were amazing!!

Ahh Medora. A friend recently commented something like "it's crazy that your friends get placed in far, beachy locations like mississippi and south carolina, while you are going to North Dakota." nope, nick, i picked medora. yep, seriously, i picked it. and i'm glad i did bc i wouldn't wanna be anywhere else. I know that this summer is pretty much going to be the most amazing and eventful one of my life, yes even tho i am 35 miles away from a wal-mart...and, come to think of it, a hospital. Honestly tho, it's not so much the location but the fact that I'm going on project. the general atmosphere created by the staff and students will be so unique to anything i've been a part of. add that to the amazing scenery and chances to serve the Lord & tell others about how he has changed my life so much, and that has potential for a pretty awesome summer right there!

I will stop rambling, tho, and leave you with a few wise words from my newest hero (lol) teddy roosevelt:

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
"Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground."

3 comments:

Canadian_Sunk said...

Is every one super religous there and are a lot of ppl coming from CCC? In Medora... Yeah, so I'm just wondering what all you've heard about working there. I'll be there in a week. Bleh > Sounds like hickville to me :) Heha.. Later.

Anonymous said...

I'd have to agree that I love the midwest also! Unless something random happens, I'll be here the rest of my life (just not in Volga...) And that's completly fine with me! I'm actually a little bit jealous that you're project will be a smaller group of people, this may be a stretch for me. I think there will be about 45 students there...so it'll be good. Oh, and I think Nick felt bad about what he said... :s
Anyway, have a great day!! I call you when I get engaged on the car trip ;)
lys

Anonymous said...

I did the Medora Musical years ago. Spent two summers out there. Beautiful, but very different from growing up in New York.