Tuesday, May 01, 2007

thoughts from some one else on being single.

Once in awhile I read this pretty cool blog about being single. Several times I have been encouraged by the thoughts and feelings of the author. In her latest post she writes about the church's duty to help single people meet each other- mainly she is providing her own thoughts on something someone else wrote on the subject .

Anyway, in the post she relates being single and wanting to find a husband to evangelism. In evangelism, we are the ones who share the Gospel, but God is the one that does all the work. He could do it without us, but he wants us to put ourselves out there to help us grow, to develop our character, etc. And I think that's like being single. You could sit back and wait for God to drop a man on your doorstep, [wouldn't that be sweet!], but where is the growth/challenge in that? I think you need to put yourself out there- make yourself availible and see what happens.

1 comments:

james said...

I agree...but to a point, you have to understand that boy/girl chasing isn't going to get you anywhere. I'm not saying that you are espousing this view, I'm sure you know that. I think that the person God wants me to be with will come into my life at the exact moment I needed her and it will be a peaceful, joyful experience and I won't be able to take any credit.