Wednesday, August 22, 2007

18 hours in 4 days.

I went to milwaukee last weekend. It was a pretty great time. Friday night I left from work and stayed the night in Des Moines with Melissa. It was so fun to see her and catch up on life. I almost locked my keys in my car, but I did not.

Saturday I drove to Iowa City and caught up with Trevor (from Brazil) and Nick, his roommate. We got to Milwaukee about 330 and tailgated with about 10 others from both Brazil project this summer and last years' NMB project. It poured basically the whole time. We went to the Brewers/Reds baseball game, which was inside (luckily). Afterward we hung out at Starbucks and talked a little Brazil project 'gossip' (it was more like current news and events happening to those we had talked to and those present). Trevor, Nick and I spent the night at Andy's house north of Milwaukee (Mequon).

Sunday morning we headed to Andy's church after sleeping in, ate lunch with Andy and his g/f Molly at a bagel shop and headed out to Racine to visit Grant & Amy. After a few wrong turns/missed exits and forking over several dollars at the crazy Illinois tollways on the Interstate, we got back to IC at 730. It took me two hours to get back to DM.

Monday morning I visited Melissa's old apt. and then left for home. It was nice to be in the driver's seat for the last 3 hour leg of the journey- I could jam to b.dill and matt wertz, and I don't get motion sick while driving, which is awesome. All in all, it was a pretty great weekend. Fun to catch up with Brazil people! I sometimes forget that I spent 6 whole weeks in Sao Paulo...crazy.

I have decided that this weekend I'm staying put-- two weekends' ago I spent 10 hours in 3 days in the car, and last weekend it was 18 hours in 4 days. I love road trips, but am looking forward to staying around the FH this weekend!

0 comments: