Monday, August 06, 2007

work stories.

The following are some (paraphrased) funny telephone calls we've received at work the past week:

"I live in Orlando, uh, Florida (ohh, Florida, not Virginia...) and I need a driveway alert system. I have a very long driveway...uh, 240 feet and I need to know when people are coming up it. Well, I guess it's long for us here in the big city but probably not for you, right?"
-man from Orlando (FL)

"Yeah, I have one of your alert systems and it works real well. It's just great. I have the outside part by the driveway and then the thing inside beeps when a car comes up the drive and I love it. I also have the portable receiver that alerts me when I'm working in my garden. Just great. But I think I need another receiver by the pool. I like to know when someone's coming up the drive when I'm swimming because I don't always have a suit on."

-Tennessee-an woman

"Well I just got an alert system about a month ago and had my handyman install it and it worked fine right away. It picked up the cars coming in and out, but then it started going off at odd times. It went off at 11, 12 at night. I thought it was probably a deer, or most likely a bear, but then I got scared when I realized it could have been a car."

-woman from North Carolina
"Your catalogue says if I need help, all it takes is a phone call, so I called you for help. I got my system in March and it's been working great- until today. I brought everything inside with me and I changed the battery and (man walks past transmitter and chimes go off in background). Huh. Would you look at that. (Man walks back past transmitter and chimes go off again). I guess all it takes is a phone call."
-man from Northeast

0 comments: