Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Fall.

I'm pretty pumped for beginning another year at USD, especially with Crusade. Just got off two days full of vision casting/logistical planning/time in the word/sweet fellowship with leadership team and much more. I can't wait to see what God's going to do at the U. From 9/1 to 10/10 we are focusing specifically on the college students and campuses of the world. USD has decided to have one leadership team member fast each day of the 40 days. I've never fasted before and I'm pretty excited to trust God with how this all is going to work. Another challenge is how many conversations we are trusting God to initiate over 40 days. The talk is 250 for USD. This is huge. We have 11 student leaders and an even smaller Servant Team, so we are mega-hard-core trusting God to give us opportunities, boldness, and time to do this. Finally, another challenge is funding. We have something like $0 except for what the students pledged to give last year. Lately God has given me a heart for helping others partner with USD Crusade in reaching our college students. This might mean others in Vermillion, at Hillside, even possibly at my home church. That's a post for another day.

Basically, I'm pumped. It's encouraging that He's given me several things over the course of this summer to help me get a lot accomplished this year: 1- a great job in which I can earn enough money to cover my needs without having to work all the time. 2- specific skills in ministry on campus, especially in sharing my faith. 3- a sincere desire to share my faith. first time ever, really. 4- the ability to step away from my projects and train others to lead. 5- probably the biggest thing- the Gospel is central to all I do in ministry and life. Even if I'm hanging up posters or walking to class or assembling driveway alarms, the Gospel is important in each situation.

My biggest concern is having the time I need to get everything done while having a flourishing walk with the Lord. Right away, as I bring this concern to Him, He's showing me that my plans I spend so much time on are sometimes not a part of His plan. That's ok - what He wants me to do, I will do and I can't do much more than that.

0 comments: