Tuesday, July 12, 2005

priority

"The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does
food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned;
but time and chance happen to them all." -Ecclesiastes 9:11

'...time and chance happen to them all.' In essence, we are all the same. We are all here on this earth for a short time. Some of us are here longer than others. Life is a matter of identity (already hit that topic once) and a matter of priority. As my perspective on life and what I am doing with mine was changed last fall, I find myself slipping into a dull pattern of mediocrity. Work, Eat, Study, Sleep. Actually, my life isn't boring by any means, but this monotony has definitely hindered my perspective. It's even started to effect my priorities.

My priorities have been messed up for a long time. They have changed now, and they probably will change little by little, but the basics will always be there; I have a stronger sense of who I am and why I might possibly be here. They will never be fully changed again, no matter how rough life gets.

0 comments: