Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Waiting.

Waiting doesn't always mean not doing.

We wait for a lot of things in this life. We wait for the tooth fairy, presents at Christmas, the homecoming dance, the first kiss, senior year in high school, college graduation, falling in love, the first real job, the wedding day, the first promotion, the first child. And on and on and on.

I'm not good at waiting. Unless I can watch TV until it happens. And I think watching TV constitutes as doing nothing (productive).

While we wait for things, we cannot let life pass us by. We must work diligently at the tasks at hand. God has put us on this earth to work for his glory. And He enjoys when we take delight in Him, and wants to give us the desires of our heart.

But, as Chad would say, God is God and we are not. He's the Sovereign one, in control of our present and future. And sometimes we must wait for our true desires. We must trust that we will receive them in God's timing, which is always good.

I really want to get married someday. But I have to trust that this will happen in God's timing, if at all. I don't doubt that I can glorify and serve God in marriage. At this point in my life, I think I could, and I'd like to. It is going to be a bigger challenge than I realize right now, that's for sure. But God knows what's best for me, and I trust that. And, I have to trust it may not happen at all. If it doesn't happen, it's for God's glory. It's not because I am flawed or unfit, and it doesn't matter to me what others think about it, only what I think about it. If God decides to be glorified more in my life through my service to Him in singleness than in marriage, then so it will be.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister! I'll be actively waiting with you. :)