Friday, October 23, 2009

WoF 09

Quotes and Notes
Women of Faith 2009


Patsy Clairmont
.. If it's not working, stop it.
.. The joy of Jesus will light your life. LET IT SHINE.
.. Don't ask God for the truth. He'll pierce your heart with it.
.. You've been on this mountain too long. Rise up. Leave.


Rich Stearns, President of World Vision
Two Questions to ask yourself:
1. What does God expect of me?
1. Am I willing to be open to God's will in my life?


Lisa Harper
Matthew: written to Jews, genealogy is a big deal
Includes names of imperfect women in genealogy
  1. Tamar
    Judah's D-I-L, Gen 38
    Sleeps w/Judah while disguised as a prostitute
  2. Rahab
    Full-fledged prostitute
  3. Ruth
    Follow's M-I-L, Naomi to Bethlehem
    Moabite: Lot's daughter sleeps w/Lot = son Moab (Gen 19)
  4. Bathsheba
    Her name isn't even written ('had been Uriah's wife')

Sheila Walsh
.. Forgiveness is God's gift to us to live in a world that's not fair.
.. Hebrew of "be still" in Psalm 46:10 means "let go."


Marylin Meberg
.. Of course I would have met my goals. But I would have missed my purpose.

0 comments: