Sunday, March 13, 2011

Someday.

My heart is heavy watching the news and reading the stories online about the tragedy in Japan. We had a moment of silence at church today to consider all that's going on in the world. From the aftermath of the tsunami, to difficult situations in our personal lives, there was a lot to think about.

We live in a broken world. Bad things happen to good people. Events occur that don't make sense. Well-meaning people are hurt.

But we know the end of the story. Someday, God's home will be among his people. He will live with them, wiping every tear from their eyes, no more death or sorrow or pain.

I read a book awhile back about living in the now, and the not yet. It was technically about being single in the 21st century, but I found myself relating a lot of the book to other aspects of my life. The difference between life here and life hoped for can be disillusioning. We are stuck in the now, but we hope for the someday when Jesus will make everything new. Knowing the end of the story makes the 'not yet' a little more bearable sometimes. And to be technical, I guess the story never ends :)

0 comments: