Friday, March 25, 2011

How My Blog Got Its Name

If you've ever wondered how I came up with the title and tagline of this blog, wonder no more! Today's the day you find out.

It's pretty plain story, actually. A college friend, LL and I were talking about my blog, and how I could make it into a more focused ministry blog. I frequently talk about how much I love cubicles, so the title came together pretty quickly. LL is very familiar with Campus Crusade and our mission, so I was not surprised when she combined the admin side of ministry with the end goal to come up with the tagline. Pretty clever, that LL. I think she enjoys hearing about my trifling matters amidst working on her PhD.

The real question is: do I even use paper clips in my day-to-day job?

Little did LL know, the tagline she dreamed up was perhaps foreshadowing my role in ministry. I wasn't ever 100% sure of what I'd be doing at the Regional Office upon finishing my support, (I wasn't too concerned with the actual job, I knew it would be fabulous).

I mainly use paper clips every day when students send in their donation checks. It's pretty systematic (some would say boring, I suppose) - open the envelope, count the money, scan the checks, scan the form, mail the checks, file the form.

But this monotonous procedure represents a monumental faith step: college students trusting God to provide their finances in a way they probably haven't ever experienced. Knowing that each envelope I open has a story attached keeps me focused on what's important when they fill out the form incorrectly, or miscount their money.

So, the name of the blog is pretty accurate, with one clarification: I'm using the paper clips, in hopes that God will use me in the lives of college students, who will change the world by taking the Gospel everywhere. I just had to shorten it since all that wouldn't fit in the little bar at the top. :)

1 comments:

LL said...

:)