Tuesday, March 01, 2011

An unexpected blessing!

Since today was the first of the month, I thought I'd check my staff account for a glance at my balance. After crunching some numbers, I realized that I might be a little bit short this month, depending on some donations that were yet to come in at the end of February.

The number I came up with that I would potentially need wasn't huge, but it still caused a little anxiety. If I was a little short this month, surely I'll be short even more next month. Then what do I do? I had a fleeting thought that I should set aside some time tonight to pray about my support, but I went back to my work and pushed aside my concerns.

When I checked the mail tonight, I found one small, personal envelope. Inside was a check for the exact amount I needed. My reaction was similar to this photo (it's my typical I-can't-believe-that-just-happened reaction).


The donor and I had been playing phone tag for months, and they must have decided to just send a check even though we hadn't been able to meet. What a huge, unexpected blessing!! That check was written out and mailed yesterday, before I was aware of my need. Hope this is an encouragement to you today; God knows what we need before we need it, but he definitely likes hearing about it from us.

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4.6-7

1 comments:

Steve Schmidt said...

God is good!