Saturday, January 20, 2007

growing up.

We have had guests here and classes for most of the past ten days, so I have been slightly too busy to post at least a little something here.

Basically I have been thinking a lot, which is seldom good. One of Kendall Payne's songs "Scratch" has been stuck in my head for about two weeks, without me really knowing it= "Its a big girl world now, full of big girl things."

Until I spoke about 'growing up' at Cru last night. It was a good subject, but in hindsight it's ironic I was telling others how we can grow up in the likeness of God when I really don't want to. At times I can't wait to see where God will take me in the next two years, let alone the rest of my life. Sometimes I think having such a long-term mind is not a good thing. Meh. But it is a big girl world now. And I'm only almost 21. I have (hopefully) 3/4 of my life yet to come. And the past two years have been the best of my life. I have grown so much in my faith-- first realizing that my faith was based on rules and regulations and liturgy learned in church. And learning about my true purpose in life has been pretty awesome, along with finding out that life doesn't have to be so gray - I can stand on one side or another and know that I am on the right side, and know that I am going to heaven no matter what happens in this life.

So I still have a lot of growing up to do, I guess, but I know that no matter where I go or what I do, I will always have thing that is dearest to me, a relationship with Christ.

0 comments: