Sunday, January 28, 2007

life. (now that's specific ...)

today was good. i don't usually 'journal' my days' events on this blog but tonight i want to. today was a good day. i knew it would be a long one as we were out the door by 830am, coffee in hand, bookbags packed with homework (at least mine was).

After dropping jules off at Hillside, where she was helping in the nursery before church, megs, lys and i went to the HyV for a breakfast bagel, which was aMAZING. Then it was back to church where megs and i watched the kids during the service -- which was actually pretty fun. Maybe i am not so bad w/kids after all.

By the end of church, I was hungry again -- jules and i sped off to subway once jordan dropped us off at her car. Then it was onwards to the library for a few hours of studying. Megs picked me up around 3 and we proceeded to take a nap (aMAZING) at the newman center, pick up supper and such at Wal-Mart and head back to church.

Lasagna went in the oven, and after a 1/2 hour of unsuccessful songwriting, I talked with Leanna for a 1/2 hour until the food was ready. We ate and chatted, then got ready for Vespers. An hour of solid practice and we were ready to go. Candles were lit (for effect) and about 805 we started. We were blowing out candles and packing up by 9. Home by 930 with Lys. Made brownies for the Miss America Pageant Party for Cru tomorrow. Talked a bit with the roommies, mom, and megs. Checked the e-mail and got my stuff ready to do it all over again tomorrow, after a good 7 hours of sleep.

That's a 'normal' day for me- spending more time asleep at the Farmhouse than I do awake. More time driving than reading my Bible. Honestly, this is a really challenging lifestyle. I have never had a greater test of patience, self-lessness, love, grace -- ever. First semester here was tough. Very. But I am conquering. Life is not dragging me down. And for some reason, this lifestyle is fun at times. There is probably something I should be learning from all this. Maybe someday I will be shown the reason for me being a part of this house for two years.

0 comments: