Monday, July 09, 2007

back to SoDak life.

These last few days have been kind of odd. I feel like I have a ton to do, but I don’t want to do any of it, and it’s kind of all stuff I have to do at once. Find a job, organize my life, get the rest of my support raised, etc.

Sunday was church at Hillside and lunch with a few old & new friends, and then back to the Farm House to unpack and catch up with people over the phone. I got to see Megs for a few hours and then she headed back to camp, and Lys and I hung out before sleeping in her room (with air conditioning … woohoo!).

Monday involved thank yous, laundry, organizing my life, some much needed guitar playing, and writing a project newsletter for supporters. Lys has a few days off so we are toying with the idea of painting the outside of the Farm House (after a little scrapping…but there is apparently concrete in the coat of paint on the house now, so scrapping will be not very effective). Tuesday or Wednesday we will head to Sioux Falls and hopefully hang out with Wendy before she heads to Colorado. And I need to get my camera fixed. Still broken. I'm bummed. And hoping I don't have to buy a new one, because I don't have money for it.

This weekend is a Medora project reunion and my Grandma’s birthday party. Not really sure how I’m going to be at both places at once. I didn’t know about the party until after I promised to go back to Medora, and they moved the reunion just for me, so I can’t really miss either one because my Grandma is expecting me to be there since she was told I would be there.

I have a lead on a full-time, temporary job in North Sioux in an HR Department, but no word on the possibility of even applying for it yet. I got an e-mail from my HR Prof about it on Friday so I will probably check it out tomorrow, because I need to know how I am going to pay rent for the rest of my summer/year. I think I’m going to be too busy for a job this year- I want to be able to focus on my HR classes and I’ll be managing Charlie’s Closet with some other SIFE-rs, along with Crusade stuff of course. Not writing for The Volante is going to be great, by the way. But I will miss that sweet $10/week...

P.S. I love water- it's free, it's cold, and it's oh so good! And I love milk...and mt. dew is good, too. I have had less cans than days I've been in America, so that's always a good thing. But I am missing maracuja a little bit. Luckily I bought some concentrate so when I am lonely and missing Brasil I will listen to my portuguese worship, mix up some juice and probably eat my brigadero cholocate mix straight from the container.

0 comments: