Saturday, July 07, 2007

[North] America.

I am back in the U.S. and actually already back in Vermillion. Plane landed in Minneapolis at 1130am July 5th - my parents & joel were waiting at the airport, which was a slight surprise - didn't think dad or joel were coming so that was nice of them. We picked up my guitar in storage from the crusade office in the cities, then took Weston to Mankato. Of course we had to do a bunch of errands so we didn't get home until 6pm. And 48 hours later I'm back here. That's about the max I can do at home. Some times I enjoy being the peacemaker. Everyone thinks I'm so easy going, and I can be - but it's a struggle when I'm at home. I just get this overwhelming feeling to fix everything- no one gets along with anyone so I used to take on the role of family counselor and try to help everyone communicate and be happy. In the last year I've been learning that I can't do it anymore- not much I can do can help them, they have to want things to get better and work towards it, I can't make them get along.

Being back in America...weird. I got to drive my car for 3 hours today, which was amazing! Until I filled up with gas...yuck. It was 3.09 in Windom but only 2.95 at the Coffee Cup,. Good ol' cheap South Dakota. My camera is officially broken - my parent's battery doesn't work in it so I think it's shot. I'll have to take it to a repair place which i can hopefully find in sioux falls.
It's really weird to be home and see the farm house and Joy and I saw a few other random people today ... yeah, weird. Never been that far from home before. I don't really know what culture shock feels like but I think I have it a little bit. I love the milk here - I had about 4 glasses when I got home, along with a few of Mom's homemade cookies. And potato salad. And mt. dew...mm. But I would love some maracuja right now, and a view of the city lights, and some portuguese bread. I miss Brasil.
more life updates tomorrow...

0 comments: