Tuesday, July 17, 2007

home.

I've never been so glad to be back at the FH or in SD before in my life! I went up to Medora (ND) last Thursday to visit project friends from last summer - had a great few days. I was planning on leaving Saturday afternoon to get back to MN by Saturday night, because my Gma turned 80 this weekend and was having a party on Sunday.

I didn't make it. I got as far as Dickinson, ND (1/2 hour). Along the way I was only driving 60 mph and my RPMs were up to 5,000 - not good. I tried to find a place in town to fix it but they were all closed. So Leanna and the gang came to get me, we went out to eat, and I bummed around Medora until Monday morning. Then Kari brought me back to Dickinson to find a place that could fix it. No one was very nice at all. I was pretty frustrated. Finally I took it to a Dodge dealer and they checked it out. Turns out my transmission was stuck in 2nd gear the whole time because the computer chip inside telling it when to shift was not functioning properly.
Something like that.

Usually the dealer keeps a part like that on hand- or several of them on hand- but in the last week three people had the same problem, so they were out. They ordered the part and had it overnighted...and it was back to Medora for one more night. I got dropped off at 11am on Tuesday and the car was done by noon. I was about ready to cry or flip out or something.

I did have a great weekend with project people- 4 of the 7 girls work there, and I got to stay with two of them (5 nights on the floor of the girl's dorm...yuck). Only two guys came to visit on Saturday, though, so it was a pretty small reunion. Well, 7 of us out of 14 so that's half. Memories were made, fun was had-- and I went to the show the first three nights I was in town- great production again this year. I also volunteered in the concessions there-- I never did work there last summer- it was pretty cool. Everyone is just so excited to be at the show, I love the energy. I hope I can go back next summer for me and Leanna's annual reunion at the wonderful Medora Musical.

On a sidenote, Rob from the '06 Badlands SP is getting married later this summer, so I might go to that and see him and some other project people. Crazy...all these weddings and engagements and such. Hm.

Ps. I now have two wedding colors...lightish teal, and darkish red...but not burgundy...yeah they are really cute colors, I just can't decribe them. :]

0 comments: