Wednesday, July 11, 2007

interaction. (no CH)

i've taken the test before, but this summer i took the love languages test (online...probably not super scientific) because we were talking about it on project. my top two are quality time and touch (followed by words of affirmation- usually written...but i also like gifts, too :). That didn't really surprise me too much- but this summer i'm learning a lot about myself and how i interact with others. i'm not super great at investing in others, but i'm getting better. i feel like sometimes i'm a little socially awkward, but i think everyone is a little so i usually just ignore it or joke about it. :] i also am learning that there's a limit to my love languages - once they hit the line I become overwhelmed and I tend to pull away from the thing causing that. I don't always take initiative in daily, random things but i'm becoming better at allowing people in to my life and letting them love me in ways I like, such as hugs and just hanging out.

like getting back to the FH thus far has been awesome in this area - I've spent every single night in my sole roommate's room (mostly because of the air conditioning, and my bed is piled with stuff i need to put away). but i really like the quality time we've been spending together, like baking and eating together and taking a random trip to sioux falls. good stuff! yay summer and not having class. I wish i could be this relaxed and easy-going during the school year.

0 comments: