Thursday, August 11, 2011

Vocation.

I was just reading through a list of quotes I wrote down at one point in my life and came upon a great one by the theologian Frederick Buechner - 'vocation is where our greatest joy meets the world's greatest need.'

I hadn't written down who said it, so (of course) I googled it. To my surprise I stumbled upon a blog post written by a professor about this quote, vocation and how our passions play out in different ways.

The blogger gives us two takeaways when thinking about our passion and our calling on life that struck a chord with me:

  • we can live out our vocation even in the most uninspiring surroundings
  • pursuing our passion is not an excuse to burn ourselves out

It's a good, quick read - feel free to check it out here: Vocation

0 comments: