Tuesday, March 16, 2010

the Isrealites

I woke up late yesterday morning, and had to rush to the office because I knew I had a lot going on today. Luckily the office is in my house, so I didn't have a long commute.

Anyway, after a few minutes of e-mail checking and organizing. I sat and stared at the computer, knowing what had to come next: preparation for making phone calls. To people I don't know and have never met. I got up to get some coffee, and sat back down. Deep Sigh.

The phone rang. I'm saved! (At least for a minute or two). It was my director, with encouraging news. I was immediately energized and re-focused; there is a point of all this ministry partner development stuff. I prayed a quick thank-you-God!, then remembered I was going to put extra emphasis this week on making my priorities my real priorities...and I'd already begun the day without reading my Bible or praying. I took some time to pick up where I left off last night in Numbers, and was met with several paragraphs of clarifications on offerings and sacrifices. Not atypical for the OT.

I know it's a very loose analogy, but in the sometimes monotonous readings of OT law and standards, I realized I can identify with the Israelites. There are elements of consistency and discipline in perform sacrifices and offerings to the Lord, which are elements of MPD. They were in a desert, MPD can be a desert. I could make a few more analogies, but they are even more of a stretch.

0 comments: