Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Perseverance.

I was pondering the list of books I've read this year, and came across this realization: I really like books about the the Holocaust, Hiroshima, Great Depression, etc. Don't be tempted to think I'm into super sad stories: I just really like books about people who persevere through tough times..REALLY tough times. It's hard for me to read trivial book sometimes about people overcoming 'trials' in life that just seem so...trivial. I can't really come up with a better word, but do you catch my drift? Anyway, if you have any suggestions of books on the above subjects, let me know!

3 comments:

Ll said...

So Far From the Bamboo Grove. It's a young adult book, but still awesome.

allison said...

I have a big selection of young adult books on the Holocaust- come on over to Jolley someday!

Unknown said...

sweet! thanks for the suggestions