Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Road of Life

On the road of life, there are passengers, and there are drivers.

And sometimes, there are friends who don't trust your map reading skills, so both people have to play both roles.


Blog 01.25.10 MapAnalogyBorder

In this particular case, Lys and I were driving from the corner of South Dakota to the heart of Wisconsin. Now, to be clear, Jesus should always be in the drivers seat of the car (I think at this point in our journey, he was hanging on to the bumper). Lys needed me to take the wheel because she wanted to look at the map for herself. We can both be pretty stubborn, but I think this outcome was actually due to our silly-ness.

 

I could go down so many roads (haha) with this post, but I think I'll take it here: we need friends to have our backs, and we as friends need to have their backs. Volkswagen wants drivers, and I don't blame them. I want to drive my own car. I want my friends in the car with me, but I want to say where I’m going.

Sometimes, we need those friends in the car to say hey, your map is wrong, or hey, I don’t like this road you’re heading down. Sometimes the driver doesn’t listen, and we must decide, in the extreme cases, whether or not we want to go down that road with them.
Art Alley (12)

0 comments: