Monday, December 14, 2009

FC: Day Eight

Taking a deep breath, I carefully opened the freezer door, peeking inside at the mountain of oddly shaped plastic packages. The Green Giant stared me in the face. I could not avoid his smile, from the small box of sugar snap peas to the bag of roasted red potatoes and green beans in a rosemary butter sauce. I carefully moved aside a paper package containing what I hope is still edible chicken, and peered into the very depths of the icy freezer layers.

Wait! A glimmer of hope. I saw a long, blue box, with familiar writing. I reached for them, full of hope that I had found my hidden treasure- a forlorn box of frozen toaster strudels, just waiting to be uncovered from the cold, dark cave that has become our freezer. I turned over the box, and was greeted by cheerful Mister Pop'n'Fresh, the delightful Pillsbury Dough Boy mascot. Hurrah! I had found my beloved box of breakfast strudels. Kudos to my roommie, Allison, for suggesting I look again.

Of course, I celebrated my find by immediately toasting a strawberry-filled dessert-like-breakfast-pastry. Once I got the coffee going, the morning had begun.

Lunch was a much less exciting affair; a quick glance into the fridge revealed what I had been fearing most: leftovers. I still had one bowl of tuna noodle helper. Sigh. At least the noodle-y tuna is now gone!

I cooked up some pancakes for Al for supper, and a bag of pre-mixed teriyaki chicken, rice and veggies for myself. It was definitely tasty. I'm hoping the leftovers that will probably be consumed tomorrow will be just as good.

1 comments:

allison said...

thanks again for the pancakes. i don't know why i love them so much, but i do :)