Tuesday, December 29, 2009

TCX (2)

It so often occurs that God tries to get my attention, and I’m not really paying attention. I’m so concerned with my agenda and my needs that, if I’m not careful, I miss out on what He wants me to hear.

This week He showed up in a random chance meeting and blessed me unexpectedly. The second night of TCX prep, I got back to my room about 930, ready to relax for an hour, unpack, and head to bed. A single staff woman had been randomly got assigned to my room, and when I returned, she was packing up to switch rooms. She was only at TCX for one night as she’s leaving staff and getting married this week.

Despite it being her last night at a Campus Crusade event, after being on staff 6 years, and my plan to relax and go to bed early, she and I got to talking. We conversed about her wedding plans and the rest of her week, my role in the regional office, our mutual friends, and the craziness of raising support.

We talked for maybe 45 minutes, during which I learned so, so much and was incredibly encouraged. Through our short conversation I learned she’s in her early thirties, owns her own house and is getting married, moving to another state and leaving staff. Life is about to change in huge ways for her, yet she took some time to ask me about my life and really encourage me in my support raising. It was a housing mistake for her to be placed in my room for the night, but I’m glad it happened. It’s so fun to see God working in even the smallest details.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, you got to hang with Emily! She was my Brazil '06 roomie, if you didn't figure that out. I love her so much! and you, too, Amy!

Wendy

Anonymous said...

A housing mistake...weren't you in charge of that??? :) Love you.

Unknown said...

ha ha - i was in charge of student housing, not staff housing :)