Thursday, December 10, 2009

FC: Day Four

Today was good. Breakfast was a frozen apple pastry, heated to perfection by my toaster and drizzled with some type of yummy frosting, officially making it a dessert instead of a breakfast item.

Yesterday I made my yummy awesome salsa, since I had purchased an avocado and red pepper at Wal-mart. I will upload this recipe in a separate blog. Lunch was microwaved rice, grilled chicken and the salsa in a wrap. It looked amazing - just like Chipotle - but tasted nothing like it.

I was in a baking mood this afternoon- luckily it was Thursday (bible study night)- so I made a box of brownies. While they were baking I cleaned out my section of the kitchen cupboards, finding many hidden treasures I forgot I had. When the brownies had cooled, I frosted them with some cream cheese icing and threw on some Heath bar toffee bits. Yum.

I also tried my hand at homemade oatmeal cookies- 1/2 with raisins, half plain. I cut the recipe in half so we only have a dozen cookies, which a good amount for two people and will last us for days. While these were baking I cleaned the kitchen and finished of our Bible Study book- Tozer's The Pursuit of God. I've enjoyed the book despite feeling very distracted in the midst of almost every chapter. I think this is due to being unable to get a clear outline of each chapter. I like seeing the big picture.

Supper was another tortilla pizza- threw on some Chicken and a dash of Italian seasoning and Garlic- MUCH better than the pepperoni one I made yesterday. And way less greasy.

0 comments: