Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Watching Yourself on TV.

My roommate Allison and I are watching "Julie & Julia" right now. I feel like I'm watching myself. Julie decides to blog about her life (cooking through Julia Child's cookbook in a year). She is talking with her roommate (boyfriend/husband) about it and he expresses a concern about his super-acidic stomach - same as my roommate (not my boyfriend, though her nickname is allen, haha). Then Julie admits a fault of hers- the inability to finish what she starts. Uh, hello- totally a flaw of mine.

We'll see how the rest of the movie turns out!
---
Ok, I'm closer to the end of the movie now, and I feel Julie's pain. She is crazy. She had a meltdown and wanted to give up, and then a reporter from Christian Science Monitor calls her for an interview. Maybe this goes to show that when you've hit your breaking point, you're right on track.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christian Science? Right on track? Hmm. Amy? Anyway, I wanted to watch that movie sometime. Did you like it overall?

Unknown said...

thought it was pretty good. is this LL or JB? my guess is lura. it's right up your alley. julie/julia is like pioneer woman/laura ingalls wilder

Anonymous said...

If this was JB would it be up her alley?

Unknown said...

depends. do you like it when people blog about crazy things? :) i think you'd like it.

thought maybe that was lura w/the christian science comment. you guys should really leave names when you comment :)